Free Shipping! (see conditions)
StarSense Accessory automatically aligns your telescope
CPC Deluxe 925 HD - General Features
• EdgeHD Optics
• Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings
• Fully computerized dual fork arm Altazimuth mount
• 50 mm finderscope to help accurately find objects
• Heavy-duty tripod makes attaching the telescope so easy you can do it in the dark; also features sturdy 2" stainless steel legs and accessory tray
• 23 mm, 82 degree Luminos Eyepiece - 2"
• Ergonomic design allows you to comfortably lift and move the telescope from location to location
• Star diagonal provides a more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
• Convenient remote hand control holder allows you to view information hands-free while using the scope
• Mirror Support Knobs hold the mirror in place and reduce image shift during imaging
CPC Deluxe 925 HD - Computerized Mount Features
• Proven NexStar computer control technology
• SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, providing a fast and easy alignment process
• 40,000 object database with over 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
• Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable stars; solar system objects and asterisms
• Re-designed drive base and drive mechanics with spring loaded RA worm block with enveloping brass teeth
• Re-designed electronics deliver constant regulated power to the motors making them capable of driving the telescope even when not perfectly balanced
• Computer assisted All-Star polar-alignment
• Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
• Permanent PEC
• Auxiliary port for additional accessories such as an Autoguider
• NexRemote telescope control software and RS-232 cable included for advanced control of your telescope via computer
What makes the CPC Deluxe HD Series great for astro imaging?
• EdgeHD Optics for aberration free images across a wide field of view.
• Mirror locks hold the mirror in place and reduce image shift during imaging.
• Tube vents have an integrated 60 micron micro-mesh filter allowing hot air to be released from behind the primary mirror.
• Fastar versatility. All EdgeHD optical tubes are equipped with a removable secondary mirror for fast f/2 CCD imaging. Not only does imaging in the FASTAR configuration allow for exposure times that are 25 times faster than at f/10, but also yields a field of view five times wider. A perfect combination for imaging your favorite wide field objects in a fraction of the time.
• Re-engineered drive train with a larger 5.78 inch, 180 tooth brass gear and .75" stainless steel worm gear designed for smoother tracking accuracy.
• At the heart of Celestron's EdgeHD focus mechanism are pre-loaded ball bearings, not bushings, minimizing focus shift.
• Heavy-duty die cast aluminum fork arms, for maximum rigidity and easy imaging through the meridian.
• Unique roller bearing design with both steel and nylon ball bearings rotating around a wide 9.8 track for maximum stability; especially important when equatorially mounted for imaging.
• All-Star™ Polar alignment procedure. Coupled with Celestron's optional Pro Wedge, All-Star allows users to choose any bright star, while the software calculates and assists with polar alignment.
• Autoguider port for interfacing an autoguider or a drive corrector for long exposure imaging.
• StarBright XLT high quality multi-layer coatings maximize transmission of light to the image plane.
*FASTAR imaging requires a third party lens assembly in place of the secondary mirror. Celestron's new CPC Deluxe HD Series with revolutionary SkyAlign Alignment Technology re-defines everything that amateur astronomers are looking for quick and simple alignment, GPS, unsurpassed optical quality, ease of set-up and use, ergonomics, enhanced computerization and, most important, affordability.
Optical Design: EdgeHD
Aperture (mm): 235 mm (9.25 in)
Focal Length (mm): 2350 mm (93 in)
Focal Ratio: 10
Eyepiece 1 (mm): 23 mm (0.91 in)
Magnification 1: 102 x
Finderscope: 50 mm Finderscope with quick release bracket
Star Diagonal: 2" w/1.25" adapter
Mount: Dual Fork Arm
Optical Tube: Aluminum
Accessory Tray: Die Cast Aluminum Leg Brace / Eyepiece holder
Tripod: Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Adjustable
Power Supply: Car battery adapter
Highest Useful Magnification: 555 x
Lowest Useful Magnification: 34 x
Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 14.4
Resolution (Rayleigh): 0.59 arc seconds
Resolution (Dawes): 0.49 arc seconds
Light Gathering Power: 1127 x
Angular Field of View (deg): 0.8 °
Secondary Mirror Obstruction: 3.35 in (85 mm)
Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter: 36 %
Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area: 13 %
Optical Coatings: Starbright XLT Coating
Telescope Weight: 58 lbs (26 kg)
Tripod and Mount Weight: 27 lbs (12 kg)
Motor Drive: DC Servo motors with encoders, both axes
Motor Resolution: 0.1406
Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
Tracking Modes: Altazimuth, EQ North and EQ South
Alignment Procedures: SkyAlign, Auto Two-Star Alignment, Two-star Align, SolarSystem Align, EQ North Align, EQ South Align, One-Star Align
Software Precision: 24 bit, 0.08 calculations
Periodic Error Correction: Permanently Programmable
Fork Arm: Dual fork arm, cast Aluminum with detachable HC cradle
Gear: 6" brass RA gear, 180 tooth
Bearings: 9.8 azimuth bearing
Motor Ports: Aux Port, Autoguide Ports
Communication Ports: RS-232 communication port on hand control
Computer Hand Control: Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display; 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons
Database: 40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects
Power Requirements: 12V DC 2.5A
Cord Management: Cord Wrap Software
GPS: Internal 16 channel
The recommended solar filter for this telescope is the Kendrick Solar Filter 9.25"