Planisphere - Latitude 50 - 60 North - ideal for Canadian locations!
A valuable tool for novice and advanced stargazers.
The Night Sky is NOT a conventional planisphere! No flat map can remove all distortion, but with its pioneering two-sided design The Night Sky eliminates over 90% of the distortion inherent in conventional one-sided planispheres.
The Night Sky is Designed to be Used!
- Unlike coffee-table planispheres, The Night Sky is printed with dark stars on a light background, for easy nighttime readability.
- The constellations are drawn simply, emphasizing the brighter stars which makes them easy to recognize and locate with the naked eye or entry level equipment.
- Coordinate grid lines are shown without being intrusive. Coordinates are shown because they can be useful for cross referencing with star atlases.
- A selection of deep sky objects for binocular viewing is included. It is important to point out to beginners that the best first telescope is a pair of binoculars. You may already have what it takes to start observing tonight!
- The Night Sky is larger than it looks! The map scale is larger than on similar-size planispheres because the whole sky does not have to be shown on a single map. Even the 5″ pocket version is large enough to be quite readable.