Free Canadian Shipping - see conditions
Highly recommend: PoleMaster is the fastest and easiest way to polar align you mount. Be sure to add the appropriate adapter for this mount or use the ADM adapter that clamps to the Vixen style or Losmandy style dovetail bar of your telescope.
• All-new design. Sturdier and more rigid with quicker dampening time
• Increased load capacity to 55 lbs.
• Improved motors provide more torque, better slewing and tracking under heavy loads
• Heavy Duty belt-drive system minimizes backlash while providing smooth motor operation under heavy loads
• Spring-loaded brass worm wheel and stainless steel worm gear reduce friction and provide optimum gear mesh
• Internal cabling for worry-free remote operation. Power input and accessory ports remain stationary while the mount slews to avoid snags
• Internal hard stops for both axes prevents cable tension and tripod strike
• Internal optical sensors on both axes for simple and safe remote operation
• Home sensors allow the mount to always start in the index position regardless of orientation before a power reset
• Limit sensors automatically shut off slewing or tracking before reaching the hard stop fail safe
• Brand new control software developed in conjunction with PlaneWave Instruments for professional level control operation and imaging
• Software includes multi-point mount modeling for extremely precise pointing accuracy and many more additional features for remote astroimaging
• Wider tripod stance for improved stability
• Adjustable EQ head position to optimize center of gravity over the tripod and fully utilize the increased 3º-65º latitude range
• Dual-fit CG-5/Vixen and CGE/Losmandy dovetail saddle
Improved tripod includes:
• 2" steel legs with height index marks for quick leveling
• "Jack of all trays" can hold three 1.25" eyepieces, two 2" eyepieces, your smartphone, or other accessories
• +20º of additional tracking past the meridian on either side
• Tripod legs can be collapsed with accessory tray installed for faster setup and transport
• Two handles for easy pickup and transport
• All-new ergonomically designed dovetail clamping knobs
• Innovative and improved polar alignment adjustment system
• All-new ergonomic latitude adjuster for smooth and easy adjustment under full loads
• Optional add-on polar axis finderscope - coming soon
• All-new NexStar+ hand control with USB port
• Two AUX accessory ports to support wireless/WiFi alignment and operation with StarSense AutoAlign and SkyPortal WiFi Module accessories (sold separately)
• USB 2.0 port, used to connect directly to PC with included software
• Autoguider port
• PPEC ready
• Threaded 12VDC power input barrel connector
• Internal Real Time Clock (keeps time and site information saved)
For eight years, Celestron’s workhorse CGEM mount lineup has been the German Equatorial backbone for telescopes ranging from 6 to 11 inches of aperture. Since that time, many more astro-imagers and planetarium controlled setups have emerged as backyard telescope technology has evolved. Celestron’s engineering team applied their years of experience designing German Equatorial mounts to the all-new CGX EQ, a culmination of all the advancements made to our technologies, value, and ease-of-use.
The new CGX was designed to better support your telescope for both visual and astro-imaging pursuits. Key design goals included a lower profile EQ head, which provides a more compact and therefore more stable setup; a better drive system; remote operation-friendly with home and limit optical sensors; easier polar alignment adjustments; and better cable management. In addition to that, we’ve made mechanical and ergonomic improvements throughout to make the mount sturdier, easier to use, and transport. The CGX is our new Equatorial backbone to support a wide range of telescopes.
Mount - German Equatorial
Instrument load capacity - 55lbs
Tripod height adjustment range - 47.25” to 77.5” including EQ head
Tripod leg diameter - 2"
Latitude adjustment range - 3º-65º
Tripod Weight - 19.2 lbs
EQ Head Weight - 44 lbs
Max Slew Speed - 5º/second (4º/second is default)
Tracking Rates - Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
Number of Auxiliary ports (for hand control and accessories) - 2
Autoguide port - Yes
USB Port - Yes
Software - New telescope control PC software
CGX Equatorial Head
2 x 11 lbs counterweight
NexStar+ Hand Control
DC Power Cable (plugs into cigarette lighter socket)
Warranty 2 Years
For two years, Celestron will cover repairs or replacement of this product in cases of defective components. This warranty shall be void and of no force of effect in the event a covered product has been modified in design or function, or subjected to abuse, misuse, mishandling or unauthorized repair. Further, product malfunction or deterioration due to normal wear is not covered by this warranty. For more details, visit Celestreon's Warranty page.
The Celestron Hard Case makes an ideal travel and storage case for the mount and counterweights (tripod will not fit in case). a 10% disount on the case is offered when purchased together with mount.